(1) Petrochemical - anti-corrosion materials, acid, alkali, oil, organic solvents and toxins, pipelines, storage tanks, liquefied gas tanks;
(2) Transportation has high strength and simple manufacturing process; Cars, buses, Tank truck, seats, yachts;
(3) Electrical industry - Good electrical insulation performance; Industrial and household appliances, printed circuit boards and electronic instrument casings;
(4) Building materials - high specific strength, water resistance, heat resistance, and sound insulation; Column beams, fences, colored tiles, decorative panels, kitchens;
(5) Machinery industry - low cost and long service life; Aircraft structure, fan blades, firearms components, artificial bones and teeth;
(6) Technology and National Defense - Good instantaneous high-temperature resistance and erosion resistance: such as in the aerospace industry and weapon communication industry; Renovation of missile satellites, space shuttles, military bases, helmets, and cockpit doors of aircraft after 9/11;
(7) Leisure culture - light weight and high intensity; Fishing pole, golf club, Tennis racquet, bow and arrow, pole, bowling alley, swimming pool, sledge board.
Features of glass fiber wall coverings: bright color and textured texture; Fireproof, moisture-proof, non fading and non aging when used indoors; Easy to paste, easy to apply, and can be cleaned with soap and water; The performance of the bottom cover is poor, and a small amount of fibers are easily scattered after the coating is worn. Glass fiber wall coverings are suitable for interior wall decoration of guesthouses, hotels, exhibition halls, conference rooms, restaurants, factory purification workshops, and living rooms.
1. Enhance rigidity and hardness. The increase in glass fiber can improve the strength and rigidity of plastics, but the toughness of the same plastic will decrease.
2. Improve heat resistance and thermal deformation temperature; Taking nylon as an example, with the addition of fiberglass, the thermal deformation temperature of nylon can be increased by at least twice. Generally, fiberglass reinforced nylon can achieve a temperature resistance of over 220 degrees Celsius
3. Improve dimensional stability and reduce shrinkage rate;
4. Reduce warping deformation;
5. Reduce creep;
6. Due to the candle wick effect, the flame retardant performance will interfere with the flame retardant system and affect the flame retardant effect;
7. Reduce surface glossiness;
8. Increase moisture absorption;
9. Glass fiber treatment: The length of glass fiber directly affects the brittleness of the material. If fiberglass is not properly treated, short fibers will reduce impact strength, while long fibers will increase impact strength. To ensure that the brittleness of the material does not decrease significantly, it is necessary to choose a certain length of glass fiber.
Glass fiber is an inorganic non-metallic material made from six types of ores, including pyrophyllite, quartz sand, limestone, dolomite, boracite, and magnesite, through high-temperature melting, wire drawing, winding, and weaving processes.
Glass fiber, abbreviated as "glass fiber", is a new material and metal substitute material that plays a reinforcing role. The diameter of its monofilament ranges from a few microns to over twenty microns, which is equivalent to 1/20-1/5 of a hair strand. Each bundle of fiber strands is composed of hundreds or even thousands of monofilaments.
Glass fiber is commonly used as a reinforcing material in composite materials, electrical insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, circuit substrates, and other fields of the national economy.
When glass fiber is used as a reinforcing material for reinforced plastics, its main characteristic is high tensile strength. The tensile strength is 6.3~6.9 g/d in the Standard state and 5.4~5.8 g/d in the wet state. Density 2.54g/cm3. Good heat resistance, with no effect on strength when the temperature reaches 300 ℃. It has excellent electrical insulation properties and is a superior electrical insulation material. It is also used as insulation material and fireproof shielding material. Generally, it is only corroded by concentrated alkali, hydrofluoric acid, and concentrated phosphoric acid.